|CAS No.: 58-86-6|
|Molecular weight: 150.13|
|Appearance: White crystal|
|Others name: D-Xylose|
Solubility of xylose: Xylose into fine acicular crystal, appearance white tiny crystal or powder, taste sweet, equivalent to 0.7 of sucrose sweetness; Melting point is 153 ~ 154 º C, spin phenomena change; At 20 º C solubility soluble xylose 51.24 g to 100 g water, under the same temperature, the saturated solution viscosity ratio of xylitol, glucose were small.
Xylose is a pentose. Natural D - xylose exists in the form of polysaccharides in plants. Because they are special in the abandoned part of agricultural products (such as corn cob, straw, bolls of skin) content a lot, so since ancient times is of great interest to its using method.
1) xylose mainly by restoring hydrogenation manufacturing xylitol, its application more widely.
2) xylose as no-calorie sweetener in food, beverage, applicable to obesity and diabetes.
3) xylose in developed countries has been applied in pet food.
4) xylose as baked products.
5) xylose is used as the upscale soy sauce color.
6) in light industry, chemical industry also has a certain purpose.