|Other name: PEG|
Non-toxic, without excitant, taste bitter, has a good solubility in water, and good intermiscibility with many organic components. They have excellent lubricity, moisturizing, dispersion, bonding agent, antistatic agent and softening agent, etc., in cosmetics, pharmaceutical, chemical fiber, rubber, plastic, paper, paint, electroplating, pesticide, metal processing and food processing industries in all has the extremely widespread application.
Low relative molecular mass of polyethylene glycol (Mr < 2000) suitable for used as wetting agent and consistency regulator, used in cream, emulsion and toothpaste, shaving cream, etc., can also be applied to not wash hair care products, hair has silky luster. High molecular weight polyethylene glycol (Mr > 2000) is suitable for the lipstick, deodorant stick, soap, shaving soap, foundation and beauty cosmetics.
Medical polyethylene glycol (peg) is also called polyethylene oxide (PEO). Made by ring opening polymerization of ethylene oxide linear polyether. In the field of biomedical applications are as follows
1) contact lenses with fluid
2) synthetic lubrication medicine
3) sustained release and carrier of the immobilized enzyme
4) medical polymer materials surface modification
5) to make contraceptive release. It alkoxide.
6) production of hydrophilic anticoagulant polyurethane.
7) polyethylene glycol 4000 as penetrative sugar-refining, can increase the osmotic pressure within the lumen, absorb moisture, to soften feces, volume increase, to promote intestinal peristalsis and defecation.
8) denture fixative.
9) experiment, on the study of the protein molecules can be simulated in a crowded environment, to verify the crowded environment of protein structure
3: Food additive
Additive Chinese name: Polyethylene glycol (peg)
Allows the use of the additive of food Chinese name: Candy, chocolate products coating